When you get that specific amount of iron, your body is simply working properly. Iron absorption is important so that whatever we consume the body gets , hence foods that help improve iron absorption is the one .
- Iron is part of hemoglobin in the red blood cells and it helps transport fresh oxygen through the blood from the lungs to the tissues and CO2 the other way around.
- It is part of some enzymes responsible for DNA synthesis, cell growth and division
- Also part of enzymes responsible for the production of collagen and some neurotransmitters (healthy tissue production – thus for hair, nails and skin)
Iron needs are very individual. A few things that can determine how much iron you need in a day are your age and sex.
- 1-3 years: 7 mg/day
- 4-8 years: 10 mg/day
- 9-13 years old: 8 mg/day
- 14-18 years old (female): 15 mg/day
- 14-18 years old (male): 11 mg/day
- 19-50 years old (female): 18 mg/day
- 19-50 years old (male): 8 mg/day
- >50 years old: 8 mg/day
5. Bell Pepper
Iron rich diet is a must and we must ensure that we intake a healthy balanced diet . Hence we must intake these foods so as to ensure and improve the iron absorption in the body .
For more healthy routines and guide , CLICK