Iron must be an important part of our diet and the perfect amount of iron can be helpful in many ways . We would help you know certain foods that are rich in IRON .
- Iron is part of hemoglobin in the red blood cells and it helps transport fresh oxygen through the blood from the lungs to the tissues and CO2 the other way around.
- It is part of some enzymes responsible for DNA synthesis, cell growth and division
- Also part of enzymes responsible for the production of collagen and some neurotransmitters (healthy tissue production – thus for hair, nails and skin)
2. Black Beans
3. Cooked Spinach
5. Kidney Beans
6. Sunflower Seeds
Iron needs are very individual. A few things that can determine how much iron you need in a day are your age and sex.
- 1-3 years: 7 mg/day
- 4-8 years: 10 mg/day
- 9-13 years old: 8 mg/day
- 14-18 years old (female): 15 mg/day
- 14-18 years old (male): 11 mg/day
- 19-50 years old (female): 18 mg/day
- 19-50 years old (male): 8 mg/day
- >50 years old: 8 mg/day
Foods rich in IRON have significant importance to the body .
For more healthy routines and guide , CLICK